Monday, August 18, 2014

My Inspiration.....
 
Many times customers ask "What inspires me". I would like to say something very thoughtful, like "nature". But I cannot. As a person that lives and breathes art. I have done sculptures that have been featured on TV and fine art faires, taught mixed media art, ran a art guild, offering free art classes. I watercolor and paint, my hand painted textile designs were romanced by both Nordstroms an...d Disney in the 1990's, and sold jewelry to the studio people in Los Angeles in the 1970's. I have invented a process to get images on art tissue using industrial laserjets, that have sold from Russia to Brazil...many things have led down my discovery of art, and I do many different forms of art, and always with passion. So what inspires me? Honestly, everything! It could be the color of a bedspread, grief over the loss of a loved one, one of my amazing customers, the negativity we all deal with called life 101, the great people in our lives, and just everyday living, and the mundane, oh yes, the mundane and boredom has created some of my most amazing pieces. One surprising inspiration has come from people trying to copy my designs, they have inspired me to push myself to create above and beyond what they can only dream, to let my imagination soar! And I owe them a debt of gratitude for that. The negative inspires, the positive inspires, the mundane inspires. What inspires you?